Short Ribs Dutch Oven Recipe
For a delicious and easy dinner, try this short ribs Dutch oven recipe. Short ribs are a great cut of meat to use in a variety of recipes, and this one is no exception. The Dutch oven helps to create a flavorful and tender dish that will soon become a family favorite.
• 3-4 pounds of bone-in beef short ribs
• 1 large onion, diced
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
• 2 cups of beef stock
• 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
• 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
• 1 bay leaf
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
3. Add the short ribs to the Dutch oven and brown them on all sides.
4. Remove the short ribs from the Dutch oven and set aside.
5. Add the onions and garlic to the Dutch oven and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Add the beef stock, rosemary, oregano, bay leaf, and salt and pepper.
8. Return the short ribs to the Dutch oven, cover, and bake in the oven for 2-3 hours, or until the meat is tender.
9. Serve the short ribs with your favorite sides and enjoy.
This short ribs Dutch oven recipe is a great way to enjoy a hearty dinner. The Dutch oven helps to create a flavorful sauce that goes perfectly with the tender short ribs. With just a few simple steps you can have a delicious dinner ready for the whole family. Give this recipe a try and enjoy a meal that’s sure to be a hit.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: What ingredients do I need to make short ribs in a Dutch oven?
Answer: To make short ribs in a Dutch oven, you will need short ribs, onions, carrots, garlic, tomato paste, red wine, beef broth, salt, pepper, and herbs (such as thyme and rosemary).
FAQ 2: How long do I need to cook short ribs in a Dutch oven?
Answer: Depending on the size of the ribs, you will need to cook them for at least 2-3 hours in a Dutch oven.
FAQ 3: Can I use a different type of meat for the recipe?
Answer: Yes, you can substitute the short ribs for other types of meat such as beef chuck, beef brisket, or pork ribs.
FAQ 4: Can I use beer instead of red wine for the recipe?
Answer: Yes, you can substitute red wine for a beer of your choice.
FAQ 5: Do I need to brown the short ribs before cooking?
Answer: Yes, you should brown the short ribs in a skillet before transferring them to the Dutch oven. This will help to enhance the flavor of the dish.