Peach Cobbler Dutch Oven Recipe
Peach cobbler is a classic and beloved summertime dessert. If you’re looking to switch things up, try making it in a dutch oven! This method requires minimal effort for maximum flavor and a delicious, bubbly finish. Plus, you don’t need to turn on the oven and heat your house up.
– 4 cups peeled and sliced peaches
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup of brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1/4 cup of milk
1. Preheat your dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the peaches, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Add the peach mixture to the hot dutch oven and spread it evenly.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and milk.
5. Drop spoonfuls of the batter over the peach mixture.
6. Cover the dutch oven with its lid and reduce the heat to medium-low.
7. Cook for 25-30 minutes.
8. Serve warm with ice cream. Enjoy!
Making peach cobbler in a dutch oven is an easy and delicious way to enjoy this classic summertime dessert. All you need is a few simple ingredients, a dutch oven, and a little bit of time. The results are a bubbly, warm treat that is sure to please everyone at the table!
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: What ingredients are needed to make peach cobbler in a Dutch oven?
Answer: To make peach cobbler in a Dutch oven, you will need peaches, sugar, butter, flour, baking powder, salt, and milk.
FAQ 2: How long does it take to bake peach cobbler in a Dutch oven?
Answer: It typically takes about 30-40 minutes to bake peach cobbler in a Dutch oven.
FAQ 3: What type of Dutch oven is best for baking peach cobbler?
Answer: A cast iron Dutch oven is best for baking peach cobbler.
FAQ 4: Can you substitute frozen peaches for fresh peaches in a peach cobbler Dutch oven recipe?
Answer: Yes, you can substitute frozen peaches for fresh peaches in a peach cobbler Dutch oven recipe.
FAQ 5: Is it necessary to preheat the Dutch oven before baking peach cobbler in it?
Answer: Yes, it is necessary to preheat the Dutch oven before baking peach cobbler in it.