Dutch Oven Chili Recipe
Chili is a hearty and flavorful dish that is perfect for cold nights. It’s also a great way to feed a crowd, and it’s easy to make in a Dutch oven. This Dutch oven chili recipe is packed with flavor and texture, and it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 large onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 1 green bell pepper, diced
– 2 jalapeño peppers, diced
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 (15 ounce) cans of beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
– 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
– 1/2 cup beer
– 1/2 cup corn kernels (optional)
– Shredded cheese, for topping
– Sour cream, for topping
– Chopped fresh cilantro, for topping
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and bell peppers and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Add the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine.
4. Add the beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beer and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid.
5. Place the mixture in the preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and stir in the corn kernels, if desired. Cover the Dutch oven and return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
6. Serve the chili with your desired toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: What is a Dutch oven?
Answer: A Dutch oven is a large cooking pot with a tight-fitting lid, typically made of cast iron, that can be used on a stovetop or in an oven. It is often used to cook stews, soups, roasts, and other dishes.