Dutch Oven Beef Stew Recipe
A delicious and hearty beef stew can be made easily in a Dutch oven. This classic comfort food is perfect for a cold winter night and is sure to be a hit with family and friends. This recipe features tender beef, flavorful vegetables, and a rich, savory broth that will leave you wanting more. Follow these steps and you’ll have a delicious beef stew that is sure to please.
2 pounds beef stew meat
4 cups beef broth
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme, oregano, and bay leaves. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Add beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, flour, sugar, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Cover Dutch oven and transfer to preheated oven. Bake for 1 hour, or until beef is tender.
6. Serve hot with crusty bread or over mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: What type of oven is best for making beef stew?
Answer: Dutch ovens are the best type of oven for making beef stew. Dutch ovens provide even heat distribution which helps ensure the beef is cooked evenly and the stew has a great flavor.